Tuesday 9 April 2013

Mini Confession #2 - Who do you see ?


Mini Confession #2
Is the reflection in the mirror , really who you are ?
 
I confess that .. Sometimes , I don't see me in the mirror .
 
I mean , of course there will be a reflection ; but is that person you see really who you are ?
I don't wear makeup , but I do wear other things :
 
- A fake smile
Could you honestly say you have not faked a smile before ? When you know deep inside your heart , it hurts so much that it burns as though it's eating your soul up . When you are feeling down , but didn't want someone you care to worry about you ? I do , in fact , I wear a fake smile almost everyday . Life as we know it , it tough . We all go through the same things , just that everyday is filled with new challenges waiting to push you down .
 
- Dressing in a way that is NOT me
Have you ever changed how you look like for someone ? Or perhaps , for this society ? Or simply put , to be accepted by the world ? I wear bralets , bustiers , shorts , dresses that can't be any shorter / more revealing . Why ? I guess , to conceal my imperfections ; I feel more confident that way , somehow .
 
- Changing my appearance
Be it plastic surgery , piercing , tattoos ; or even something like dieting ? I was 19KG when I was primary 1 ; what happened ? My parents fetched me from my aunt's house ( I lived with my aunt since I was a baby ~ Primary 1 ) back home ( my own home ) , and the first question they asked was " what do you want to eat ? " In my aunt's house , there were " strict " rules of no soft drinks / chips / fast food . My answer ? Macdonalds .__. After a while , I was FAT . No literally , FAT .
 
 
 
 
2009 ~ 2013
 
Why did I make this confession ?
I'm not perfect , nobody is . But , imperfection is what defines us . Being the way we are , it makes us different from everyone else . I'm not pretty / cute etc , but I know that ..
 
EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL .
 
 
Beautiful isn't used just for girls , everyone is . Nobody can tell you that you're not , cause we were born the way we are . Under those fanciful clothing , lavish luxury items and pretty makeup , you are just as beautiful as who you want to be . Nobody can take away that from you ; it makes as all unique .
 
 


If someone tells you that you can't do it , try .
If you fail after you tried ? Try , try again .