Friday 27 September 2013

Through Gerwyn's Eyes #29 - Who Says .

 
 
Through Gerwyn's Eyes #29
Who Says .


" Who Says " ( not Selena Gomez's song , I meant this post ) is somewhat " dedicated " to my relationship with my boyfriend . Okay , maybe people who don't know me may think I focus a lot on my relationship with him . However , I do spend time with my friends too & try to keep them included in my life !

Who says .. what ?
Basically , I've been reading some statements & opinions made by others regarding relationships and how " things are supposed to be " . Thus , I'm here to share about my " special " relationship :>

Judge all you want , this is MY story .
Okay so , I honestly have no idea what to write . Oh well , let me spill out everything I can :P
As of 27th September ( today , LOL ) , I'm 16 years-old while my boyfriend is 24 . Before you all go " Oh , they are not together for any-good-reason . " , we're doing FINE .


In fact , we're planning ahead of time ( NOT working well , ohmy ) . I'll let you know a little secret .. My boyfriend has the approval of BOTH his parents ( mother & father ) to marry me :> Haha , ohmy ; don't judge me okay . We even have discussions about our future children , marriage , house , wedding , life .. and we're saving up for the future ( more like he is , I'm just .. trying MY BEST to stay away from temptations ) together .

Skip your old-grandmother story , what's your main point ?
I think I'm like .. as talkative as some old-grandmother . Oh well , my main point is ; not all relationships are the same . Thus , I'll share some points that are different from other relationships ( I'll type as much as I can think of ; my posts are getting more random , but I guess it's more interactive ? ) .

USUAL : Boy surprises girl > girl surprises boy .
Some people think that , the boy is supposed to think of many ways to surprise & " fawn " the girl .

Gerwyn's : We both try to surprise each other .
I think of different ways to surprise my boyfriend every monthsary / birthday / valentine's / christmas .. I feel that it's my way of saying " Hey , I love you ; and this may not be something lavish , but it's my thought and effort . " I like to see that " sparkle " in his eyes , somehow telling me that he loves me more and more . For instance , I made a video with 100 reasons why I love him recently . Similarly , he thinks of many ways to try to keep me happy ; especially when I'm upset / sick . For example , recently , he came all the way to my house from work & brewed herbal tea ( those instant ones from TCM shops , but who cares ? ) for me because I was having dust allergies which almost made me catch the flu . He also bought an inspired-Craftholic bunny for me ( it's name is Pufflebunny . ) It's 27th September , but I'm already preparing his monthsary presents for October & November . TEEHEE .


USUAL : Boy fetches girl from school / work > girl fetches boy from school / work .
Some people think that boys are supposed to treat their girl like the princess and send / fetch them to / from school / work .

Gerwyn's : I fetch my boyfriend to / from work more than he does the same to me .
My boyfriend starts work at 11am , and ends around 8.45pm . For me , I start school at 7.20am , and end around 6pm . Thus , it doesn't make much of a sense for my tired boyfriend to travel to my house ( 1 hour from his place ) just to send me to school in the morning . Also , it's impossible for him to fetch me from school since he ends work later than I end . However , he does fetch me from school ( imagine me going-all-psycho ) once in a while , and I'll be really hyper that day . Thus , on the weekends , I try my best to drag my tired body ( I get tired too alright ? X_X ) to his house in the morning ; and then accompany him to work . In general , I would also fetch him from work at night ; whenever time permits . I used to be really clingy ( ohmygosh ) , but I'm no longer that " irritating " . As my curfew is at 11.30pm ( okay , I've been exceeding that A LOT recently ) , I'll have to leave Bugis by .. maybe 10pm ? So , that leaves us with slightly more than an hour to eat & spend time with each other . Sometimes , he sends me home ( awwwww ) ; but most of the time , I'll ask him to go home to rest because he has work everyday ( since I normally fetch him on weekends / school breaks = no school next day ) so that he has enough sleep .

USUAL : Boy pays for everything .
Be it meals / presents etc , normally the boy is expected to pay .

Gerwyn's : We take turns to pay , but I find myself taking more money out .
I HAVE TO EXPLAIN . Firstly , my boyfriend is NOT a gold digger . The reason I'm " taking more money out " is because my boyfriend keeps his money with me ( I'm like the .. secretary / ATM ) for safekeeping ( OOPS , not that safe ) and to ensure he doesn't spend too much . I'm in charge of the bills ( I mean , things that we buy ; not the phone / utility bills , I'm not that free ) and also keeping it safe .

Also , I have the tendency to splurge on people that I love . Be it family / friends , I'll like to get everything I can for them as long as I know what they like . For example , I would buy a whole set of Hello Kitty for a friend & wouldn't mind spending a lot ( don't be my friend just for this alright ? I barely do this already ) . Recently , I bought a top & jeans from Recoil ( OMG $87.90 for just those two items ) for my boyfriend . He looks STUNNING in it , oh well ! I have my hot boyfriend :X Haha , and I'm practically bankrupt .

USUAL : Boy listens to girl > girl listens to boy .
People usually think this is how a relationship will work out ; until they realise the boy gets tired of following everything the girl wants .

Gerwyn's : We listen to each other .
In the past , whenever we quarrelled , we would have " LET'S BREAK UP " hanging by our mouths . True enough , we broke several times before . However , we learnt to listen to what each other wanted . We both give in to each other and understood the different mindsets we have .

For now , whenever we get upset , we'll just let each other cool down . The next day , we would apologise to each other ; and settle everything with a hug ( I just love hugs so much ) . No , it doesn't break us ; it keeps us holding on , and growing stronger . Try breaking us ? Too bad , those days have gone .

I think you get my point ?
If you're in a relationship , find ways to surprise each other . Form more bonds with each other , think whether he / she is the one for you . If he / she is , hold on tight & promise yourself you'll never let go .

If you're still single , hey , God is keeping someone special for you . Go find him / her . Maybe you failed many times before , but always remember .. He / she is looking for you too ! If you give up , you'll never find him / her .

Don't get me wrong , I love my boyfriend for everything he is & everything he has done for us . I'm just trying to say that THE GUY DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THE ONE DOING EVERYTHING .

No comments:

Post a Comment