Thursday 25 July 2013

Through Gerwyn's Eyes #15 - Abby Lee Miller ?

 
Through Gerwyn's Eyes #15
Abby Lee Miller ?
 
 
Have you seen The Strait Times on 8th July 2013 ?
If not , have you heard about the TV reality series , Dance Moms ?
 
Abby Lee Miller has been considered a mean & strict person , but is that what she really is ?
Let me take some quotes out from the newspaper and show you one side of the story .
 
" Famous dance instructor and reality TV star Abby Lee Miller makes no apologies for her notoriously demanding and almost militant way of teaching . "
" ... , she is often seen verbally abusing her students - some as young as six years old - until they break down in tears . "
" Second place is the first loser on stage . "
" They're just jealous of me . The kids want my approval and their mothers can't handle that they care more about what Abby thinks than what their mothers think . "
" I don't think I'm mean enough . "
 
I found some GIFs as well , so I'll just upload them :P
 

 
 
Yes , from all these , she seems rather mean ; doesn't she ? HOWEVER , the following are quoted from Wikipedia on her biography .
 
" At age 13, she started her career as a dance choreographer. At just 14 years old, she started the Abby Lee Dance Company. In 1980, she opened her own dance studio and estimates she has taught 3,000 to 4,000 students throughout her career. Now known for her incredible dedication, discipline and passion, Abby is one of the most sought-after dance teachers in Pittsburgh, as she has turned out numerous professional dance stars . "
 
At age 13 , I'm only Secondary 1 ; still studying and fooling around .. And Abby was already a dance choreographer ? At age 14 , I only STARTED TO DREAM about having my own business ; and Abby already has one ?
 
I've searched for a video of Dance Moms :
 
 
Mean or not , it's up to your own perspective .
However , just by reading about her , I feel that she is rather inspiring too .
Passion in the things you do , can get you really far .
 
Do things that you ENJOY and have a PASSION for , you'll be much happier that way .
 
For more information on Abby Lee Miller , GOOGLE her :P