Thursday 25 July 2013

That's What She Said #1 - Siblings .


That's What She Said #1
Siblings .
 
New section ! For this section , I'll be sharing views from two different side of the story .
 
Do you have a sibling ?
If you answered yes , have you ever wondered what it's like to be the only child ?
If you answered no , have you ever wondered what it's like to have one ?
 
I'm the only child in my family , and I've wondered about having siblings before .
From my point of view , I've always wanted to have a brother / sister .
However , it's common to hear friends with siblings ; complaining about how fortunate I am being the only child without siblings .
 
 

So , let me share with you what it's like to be the only child ; and HOPEFULLY , I can try to share what it's like to have an sibling ~
 
Being an only child .. THE DOWN SIDE .
It gets lonely at times , especially when you just want to cry your heart out to someone who will understand you .
It gets upsetting to see other people with siblings being so close , and you're all alone .
Being an only child .. THE UP SIDE .
You get what you want , most of the time .. It tends to be a little better than others , because some parents show favourtism to a specific child .
 
Having siblings .. THE DOWN SIDE .
They may get irritating at times , when you're having major exams especially .
They may get into quarrels with you and add on to your stress .
They may push the blame to you at times :X
Having siblings .. THE UP SIDE .
You'll have someone there when you need them .
You'll be able to help / get help from them .
You'll be able to bond with them .
 
Even if you have / don't have siblings , I think nobody should ever wish for the opposite .
If you have siblings , cherish them and never take them for granted .
If you are an only child , be thankful and understanding ; maybe your parents have their limitations ( financially , medically ) which resulted in you being the only child .